Page Views: 2741
Date Added: 10/08/2008
Last Updated: 10/08/2008
||Energy Field Advisor|
||Construction, Mining and Trades|
||12.00 - 14.00|
|Energy Advisor - Bend, OR|
|Energy Field Advisor|
Conservation Services Group, Inc. (CSG) is a growing, dynamic, national non-profit company providing energy efficiency, renewable energy, and environmental services and products to private market customers, utility companies, government, and public benefit entities. CSG is dedicated to helping reduce the environmental impact of energy usage for both residential and commercial customers.
CSG is currently seeking an Energy Advisor to work in the Home Energy Savings Program sponsored by Energy Trust of Oregon. This program is designed to encourage home owners to increase the energy efficiency of their homes through retrofits such as increasing insulation or installing high efficiency furnaces.
This position is based in the Portland area. This is an entry level position reporting to the Field Manager and the Home Energy Review Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducting home energy audits in customers’ homes which include:
o Determining insulation levels
o Visual check of age and condition of HVAC equipment and ducts
o Visual check of windows and weather-stripping
o Installing compact fluorescent bulbs and hot water savings devices
o Completing a Home Energy Review form to capture home data and tracking compact fluorescent bulbs or water saving devices that are installed
o Encouraging homeowners to undertake specific energy saving measures recommended based on home energy audit
o Explaining Energy Trust incentives and loans, and tax credits for energy efficiency improvements
o Educating customers on other Energy Trust programs such as Home Performance with Energy Star and encouraging them to participate in other programs
• Inspecting work performed on multifamily buildings to ensure compliance with building codes and Home Energy Solutions' specification manual
• Additional duties as assigned and determined by program needs
To accommodate the program’s needs and potential applicants’ availability, specific advisors may be hired to work full-time, part-time, or seasonally.
This position will require frequent travel within the I-5 corridor and occasional travel to other parts of Oregon, including some overnight travel. Mileage will be reimbursed at a set rate per mile. Lodging and meal expenses will be reimbursed according to company policy.
Salary is $12-14 per hour depending on experience.
Full time benefits include paid holidays, 80% paid medical, 50% paid dental, paid life & AD&D and paid STD & LTD insurance coverage, plus employer matching retirement plan. Part time (20-31 hours/week) benefits are pro-rated according to the number of hours worked each week.
Pleae apply with cover letter and resume at: http://jobs-csg.icims.com
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|• Applicants must have knowledge of and/or a strong interest in residential energy conservation. |
• Experience or knowledge of residential construction and design, and building methods and materials preferred.
• Must have strong customer relationship skills and experience. Outreach and/or sales experience desirable.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be self motivated.
• Availability to work some evenings and Saturdays.
• Proficiency in basic computer skills (i.e.: Word, Excel, Internet).
• Must have a home computer with current/recent versions of Microsoft Word and Excel installed, and high speed internet access.
• Must be capable of lifting and carrying boxes weighing up to 30Ibs, as well as a six foot fiberglass ladder.
• Must have a reliable motor vehicle for daily business use, a good driving record (subject to background check), and ability to store and transport a six foot ladder and other equipment.
• BA with major in Building Materials, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Energy Management, or related field preferred.
• Experience with blower door, duct blaster and other energy use diagnostic equipment a plus.
Reply to Ad