Bend Weekly Community Forums Welcome to BendWeekly.com Discussion Board. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the "FAQ" by clicking the link below. You may have to register before you can post: click the "register" link below to proceed.
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:18 am Post subject: Great News
We are going to war with Iran in March; it will escalate to the point where we will lock down our borders and enforce a mini Marshall Law here. All illegals that are caught up in the massive check points will either have a choice, Join the U.S. army or be sent to Iran to meet up and fight with the Mexican army. The new Mexican president is going to join our coalition, so there will be no where to run away to...Draft age will go to the age of 42..... I cant wait…..we will finally get back our country minus about 70 million loafers.. Hoooray! _________________ O
o (oo)\ _______
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:41 pm Post subject: Give WAR a chance...Support BUSH and our troops
The war in Iraq started long before Bush was ever even in the White House. It was, in fact, BILL CLINTON who signed a bill that made it official U.S policy by force of law to remove Saddam Hussein from power.
Directly from the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998:
"It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime."
Remember, this is from a bill signed by Bill Clinton back in 1998 -- before George W. Bush even ran for the White House.
Here's what Clinton himself had to say upon signing the bill:
"Today I am signing into law H.R. 4655, the "Iraq Liberation Act of 1998." This Act makes clear that it is the sense of the Congress that the United States should support those elements of the Iraqi opposition that advocate a very different future for Iraq than the bitter reality of internal repression and external aggression that the current regime in Baghdad now offers."
But let's be fair. Neither Bush nor Clinton started this war. SADDAM HUSSEIN started this war:
(1) On September 22, 1980, Iraq invaded Iran, starting an 8 year war in which Iraq employed chemical weapons against Iranian troops and ballistic missiles against Iranian cities.
(2) In February 1988, Iraq forcibly relocated Kurdish civilians from their home villages in the Anfal campaign, killing an estimated 50,000 to 180,000 Kurds.
(3) On March 16, 1988, Iraq used chemical weapons against Iraqi Kurdish civilian opponents in the town of Halabja, killing an estimated 5,000 Kurds and causing numerous birth defects that affect the town today.
(4) On August 2, 1990, Iraq invaded and began a 7 month occupation of Kuwait, killing and committing numerous abuses against Kuwaiti civilians, and setting Kuwait's oil wells ablaze upon retreat.
(5) Hostilities in Operation Desert Storm ended on February 28, 1991, and Iraq subsequently accepted the ceasefire conditions specified in United Nations Security Council Resolution 687 (April 3, 1991) requiring Iraq, among other things, to disclose fully and permit the dismantlement of its weapons of mass destruction programs and submit to long-term monitoring and verification of such dismantlement.
(6) In April 1993, Iraq orchestrated a failed plot to assassinate former President George Bush during his April 14-16, 1993, visit to Kuwait.
(7) In October 1994, Iraq moved 80,000 troops to areas near the border with Kuwait, posing an imminent threat of a renewed invasion of or attack against Kuwait.
( On August 31, 1996, Iraq suppressed many of its opponents by helping one Kurdish faction capture Irbil, the seat of the Kurdish regional government.
(9) Since March 1996, Iraq has systematically sought to deny weapons inspectors from the United Nations Special Commission on Iraq (UNSCOM) access to key facilities and documents, has on several occasions endangered the safe operation of UNSCOM helicopters transporting UNSCOM personnel in Iraq, and has persisted in a pattern of deception and concealment regarding the history of its weapons of mass destruction programs.
(10) On August 5, 1998, Iraq ceased all cooperation with UNSCOM, and subsequently threatened to end long-term monitoring activities by the International Atomic Energy Agency and UNSCOM.
Please, just read the Iraq Liberation Act. Even you dumb-ass liberals can understand that Clinton himself signed this bill.
We all learned on 9/11 that a policy of waiting for terrorists to attack us was simply irresponsible. Bush has tried to speak as plainly as possible to the American people about how this lesson tied in with Saddam as a threat. Liberals misquote President Bush and claim he said that there is some connection between Iraq and 9/11. Bush never claimed such a thing!
He was merely trying to explain that the same wicked people who flew planes into the WTC are the same kind of wicked people that would use every Iraqi citizen as a missile that could reach American shores. Saddam Hussein REALLY DID say that!
"Does [America] realize the meaning of every Iraqi becoming a missile that can cross to countries and cities?"
-- Saddam Hussein, September 29, 1984
"We will chase [Americans] to every corner at all times. No high tower of steel will protect them against the fire of truth."
-- Saddam Hussein, February 8, 1991, Baghdad Radio
Hell, Saddam Hussein may not have been responsible for 9/11, but nobody ever claimed that. He did, however, take advantage of the ANNIVERSARY of 9/11 to make this statement:
"If the attacks of September 11 cost the lives of 3,000 civilians, how much will the size of losses in 50 states within 100 cities if it were attacked in the same way in which New York and Washington were? What would happen if hundreds of planes attacked American cities?"
-- Saddam Hussein, Al-Rafidayn (state-controlled newspaper), September 11, 2002
Furthermore, he had not let U.N. inspectors verify that he had disarmed. Sure, we didn't find WMDs in Iraq after we invaded. But we are not fortune-tellers! BEFORE we invaded, how were we to know we wouldn't find them!
However, we DID find yellowcake uranium. People don't just leave yellowcake uranium lying around for no reason. It is a raw ingredient in WMDs.
And what about the accusations that Saddam had the WMDs transferred to Syria right before the invasion? Sure, such claims carry as much meat as the claims that pussy Democrats make about Bush somehow fabricating evidence that Saddam had WMDs. But still.
But WMDs or not, if you're not going to let us inspect then that is reason enough to invade. Hussein had even BRIBED some U.N. officials to vote AGAINST the sanctions. Saddam Hussein, a madman who encourages terrorism against Jews and Americans, was slowly emerging out of the box that George Bush Sr. put him in after Desert Storm!
Please tell me you guys remember Desert Storm. I was a kid and even I remember that. You brain-dead liberals really do surprise me sometimes.
And please, let's not forget that Saddam used the anniversary of 9/11 to make threats on our nation. In response, Bush used the pretext of 9/11 to make his case against Iraq. He DID NOT make false claims that Iraq was responsible for 9/11. Simply not true. Bush planned on invading Iraq before 9/11:
And remember, it was CLINTON who made it official U.S. policy to remove Saddam from power loooooooooong before 9/11.
The lesson of 9/11 just made it that much easier to make that final decision. We don't just wait for terrorists to attack us. We take the fight to them.
Now that Saddam is dead, we are still fulfilling the policy that Clinton's Iraq Liberation Act of 1988 set forth. Let me remind you if you already forgot (or if you never read it in the first place):
"...once the Saddam Hussein regime is removed from power in Iraq, the United States should support Iraq's transition to democracy by providing immediate and substantial humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people, by providing democracy transition assistance to Iraqi parties and movements with democratic goals..."
Remember, it was CLINTON who signed that into law.
Now that our troops are there, Iraq is the frontline in the war on terror. Some people argue that we should leave now -- foolishly thinking that if we get out of there then the frontline will magically disappear.
Well, they're half-right. If we leave now, terrorists will take over Iraq. Iraq won't be the frontline. It will be the home base for the terrorists! But the frontline won't disappear.
All times are GMT - 8 Hours Goto page Previous1, 2
Page 2 of 2
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum