Weekly News via Email
   Set as homepage | Add to favorites | Customer Service | Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us | Sitemap Friday, 11.03.2006
Classifieds
Online Extras
Site Services
Around Bend
Outdoor Fun
Travel Info
Shop Local

Members Of

Bend Weekly Community Forums
Welcome to BendWeekly.com Discussion Board. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the "FAQ" by clicking the link below. You may have to register before you can post: click the "register" link below to proceed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Five held in NE Bend beatings, stabbing - Comments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Local News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jigsaw John

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Five held in NE Bend beatings, stabbing - Comments Reply with quote

I read this recent article below about a brutal attempted murder, stabbing and robbery in Bend. I just had a few comments.

Mar 19,2007
Five held in NE Bend beatings, stabbing
by Cheryl McDermott

Two Bend men charged with attempted murder

Two Redmond residents were dragged out of their vehicle, beaten, stabbed, and robbed Sunday evening in northeast Bend, leading to the arrest of two women and three men from Bend — two for attempted murder, authorities reported.

The Redmond residents Felix Serriteno Ruiz, 28, and Fabiola Hurtado Hernandez, 19 were sitting in their vehicle near northeast Carl Street in Bend about 6:15 p.m. March 18 when they were confronted by five suspects.

This should do wonders for tourism in Bend.

In any event...

Why would these two victims, that happen to be Redmond residents be sitting in their vehicle, in a neighborhood in the City of Bend?

What were the victims doing there? Just sitting in their car? Visiting Grandma? To bad the story doesn't say what two Redmond residents were doing sitting in their car in a Bend neighborhood. Did they know the suspects?

Officers responding to a reported assault in progress involving multiple suspects found Serriteno Ruiz beaten and stabbed multiple times, and Hernandez beaten unconscious.

Sounds like news out of Los Angeles.

Investigation determined that an undisclosed amount of money was stolen from Hernandez’ purse, the sergeant said.

Hmmm...Why is the amount undisclosed. Law enforcement already made arrests and the suspects are in jail. Why would the amount be undisclosed? Generally law enforcement will decline to release specific details of a crime when they lack suspects, or have yet to ID those with knowledge of a crime, since only the perpetrators or their friends know the details.

Is there another on-going investigation involving the stolen money or the source of the money?

Lets look at the suspects here.

Emanuel Garcia-Hernandez, 19, Monica Aria Magallanes, 27, and Adelina Arias Madrigal, 23, Ricardo Bravo Rosas, 26, and Delfino Bravo Rosas, 25.

Hmmm. Are these residence of Bend and Redmond?

Are all these individuals in this country legally? Did anyone ask? I wonder if they knew the victims?

Seems rather odd they would just wander by and pull these two out of their vehicle, stab them, beat them unconscious, and then rob them. Would seem rather over kill if the victims only had 5 dollars between them. I wonder if the suspects knew the "victims" or if they knew, or thought they had a substantial amount of valuables or cash with them? What would make them think that?

Ricardo Bravo Rosas and Delfino Bravo Rosas were both charged with attempted murder, two counts of first-degree assault, conspiracy, and tampering with evidence. Delfino Bravo Rosas was also charged with identity theft and possession of a forged instrument.

Mr. Delfino Bravo Rosas was charged with identity theft and possession of a forged instrument?

Uh, what an odd way to describe something. Does that mean he was using fraudulent ID? Don't illegal aliens commonly use fraudulent identification when committing other crimes?

Emmanuel Garcia-Hernandez was charged with first-degree conspiracy to commit assault, identity theft, and possession of a forged instrument.

This one also had a "forged instrument". It would have been nice if the reporter would have asked what specifically a "forged instrument" is. I can only assume it's fraudulent identification, like illegal aliens routinely use. Maybe he had a pirated CD with him....Naw.

I wonder if the City of Bend will ever reveal if some or all of these people have entered our country illegally? Citizens need to know the details about crimes this violent and brutal. Since it seems they have their suspects in custody, it would be nice if they'd share some details with us, since it seems any of us could have been victims of these brutal, violent animals.

Were talking about attempted murder, stabbings and beating on the streets of this rather small town. Who the *#%* are these people? Are they from here? Where they from?

Was this a hit? Pay back? Drug deal gone bad? Did the victims know the suspects? Where any of them in this country illegally? Will they be deported? Released back onto our streets? What were these "forged instruments?" And what were the victims doing sitting in a car miles from their town?
schinke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Five held in NE Bend beatings, stabbing Reply with quote

Jigsaw John - You couldn't be more right on with your points. I couldn't help but notice all the recent meth busts happening in Central Oregon. I can't remember the last time somebody was dragged out of their car and beaten by five people. At least we're hearing about these people being arrested, and we have a very active CODE team investigating and busting these scrum bags. And not to be racist, but there is obviously a Mexican drug cartel operating in the area - it seems like 99% of the big drug busts involve Hispanics.

And I also believe you're right - a forged instrument, combined with identity theft - is cop speak for fake ID. The police seem pretty tight lipped about what they will or won't release, especially during what may be ongoing investigations.

Very suspicious that Redmond people are just hanging out in their car in Bend for no apparent reason. And doubly suspicious that five other Hispanics decide to pull out the "victims" and try to kill them - along the way stealing that "undisclosed amount of money".

I'm with you - ten to one its drug related. Did you hear about the DEA busting 31 people in the Eugene area, associated with drug trafficking from Mexico? Its not just Portland anymore. Or Salem, or Eugene. Take a look at the growing graffiti problem here in Bend - thats what some areas of LA looked like 20 or 25 years ago just before they were taken over by gangs and drugs.

I commend the CODE team here. They seem really aggressive in going after these guys, and I don't doublt that the 7 people involved in the beating/attempted murder are part of that group.
Bend_hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: mexicans and meth and gangs in co Reply with quote

And people say we don't need a fence.... Wink

Lino Pineda-Torres, Urbano Romero-Pineda, Alberto Jaramillo Estrada, Miguel Pineda , Four Madras men arrested in two different meth busts
http://www.bendweekly.com/Central-Oregon-News/2282.html

Joaquin Iglesias Avalos, Meth smuggler busted near McKenzie Bridge
http://www.bendweekly.com/Central-Oregon-News/2310.html

Alejandro Ortiz-Diaz, Busted at Redmond Wal-Mart – ˝ pound drugs seized.
http://www.bendweekly.com/Local-News/1420.html

Daniel Garcia Lopez busted for ˝ Pound Meth near Hoodoo
http://www.bendweekly.com/Local-News/1033.html

Jose Esteban Espinosa Lopez Arrested in Mall Parking Lot on Drug, Weapons Charges
http://www.bendweekly.com/Local-News/1278.html

Perez-Chavez, Reyes-Rivera and their 2 year old daughter arrested for One Pound of Meth in Redmond
http://www.bendweekly.com/Local-News/643.html

Jorge Armando Pacheco Chavez Over 1 Pound of Methamphetamine worth $45,000 Seized
http://www.bendweekly.com/Local-News/meth_seizure.html
Jigsaw John

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Five held in NE Bend beatings, stabbing Reply with quote

schinke wrote:
Jigsaw John - You couldn't be more right on with your points.

Very suspicious that Redmond people are just hanging out in their car in Bend for no apparent reason. And doubly suspicious that five other Hispanics decide to pull out the "victims" and try to kill them - along the way stealing that "undisclosed amount of money".

I'm with you - ten to one its drug related.
I commend the CODE team here. They seem really aggressive in going after these guys, and I don't doublt that the 7 people involved in the beating/attempted murder are part of that group.

Well, it's pretty glaring given the fact the article left out information that begged questions.

So what happened to our suspects? Any word?

Any information on their legal status? If not, why would they keep that a secret? What about the victims? Did they ever say if they were connected to or knew the suspects? Did anyone find out why the victims, whom were residence of Redmond, were sitting in a car in Bend?
Jigsaw John

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: mexicans and meth and gangs in co Reply with quote

Bend_hacker wrote:
And people say we don't need a fence....

[

I don't know why they'd say that.

Look at all of our government buildings now. All have secured fence perimeters, entry ID security, cameras, bullet proof glass, many with automated anti-vehicle barriers, etc.

The White House has a large fence around it that appears to work very well.

Just six months of government waste of tax payers money, unnecessary programs, etc could build a double fence 3000 miles in record time.

Build the fence and start prosecuting the greedy employers and corporations that are hiring these people. The same business owners that are funding the politicos campaigns to make sure their low wage, illegal labor golden goose is not killed. All this while they sit in the back offices counting their profits on the backs of the American tax payer.

To bad about Mr. Bob Clark, the director of "A Christmas Story" and his son that were slaughtered this week in Los Angeles by another drunken illegal alien. I now understand he was 3 times over the legal limit.

And those two teen age girls in Virginia Beach that were both killed this week by another illegal alien, (that had 3 priors DWIs)

What a shame! All so greedy employers and corporation owners can pull a little more profit, and politicians can secure more votes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Local News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: