Weekly News via Email
   Set as homepage | Add to favorites | Customer Service | Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us | Sitemap Friday, 11.03.2006
Classifieds
Online Extras
Site Services
Around Bend
Outdoor Fun
Travel Info
Shop Local

Members Of

Bend Weekly Community Forums
Welcome to BendWeekly.com Discussion Board. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the "FAQ" by clicking the link below. You may have to register before you can post: click the "register" link below to proceed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm just curious.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: I'm just curious....... Reply with quote

Keep in mind I am just asking questions out of mere curiosity. These are just some things that I have been wondering about.

Why is it that there are so many things, and some books, taken out of the Christian Bible? Also, if Christianity is the "one right and true" religion and Christians are supposed to follow the Bible to live this religion, why are numerous copies of the Bible all different? I remember I was having a debate with somebody and I pointed out a quote in the Bible to help me. The person responded with "That quote is not in MY Bible." I just do not understand how, for this one religion, there can be so many radically different versions of the Bible and how so much information has been taken out over the years.

~Gypsy~
ksharath

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: About Bible. Reply with quote

It's not about adding or removing points in the bible, instead these can be called as mistakes committed when it is carried from generation to generation.Because the origin took place plenty years back the original scripture may not be available all the times , so when people interpret and write it again few mistakes may happen here and there. Its better to make a note of every single new point where ever you see it and add to your Bible, that completes your search.
Nicole2112

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how does one determine which bits are the "mistakes" and which are "God's word"? Not meaning any disrespect, but the argument in the original post could very easily continue along the lines of...

"Well, that's not in my Bible!"

"Oh yeah? Well, your Bible is wrong!"

"Nuh-uh! Your Bible is wrong!"

"Is not!"

...and so forth.

another source of light : the spark still flies : reflected in
Boogy

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why there are different versions of the bible, you had different bibles and translations in each are different
Hostile

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is so many radically different versions of the bible because everyone has there own opinion and way to describe the events that happend and what occured
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Religion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: