Weekly News via Email
   Set as homepage | Add to favorites | Customer Service | Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us | Sitemap Friday, 11.03.2006
Classifieds
Online Extras
Site Services
Around Bend
Outdoor Fun
Travel Info
Shop Local

Members Of

Bend Weekly Community Forums
Welcome to BendWeekly.com Discussion Board. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the "FAQ" by clicking the link below. You may have to register before you can post: click the "register" link below to proceed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warm Springs Gross police misconduct and the Governors Casin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Local News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HarleyMuralist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Warm Springs Gross police misconduct and the Governors Casin Reply with quote

This is a True Story experienced by Me & My Family on August 11th 2005 in Warm Springs Oregon. All names and times are Accurate & Correct. I am an Oregonian, an American Citizen and an Evangelist.

United States Department of Justice Mission Statement:

To enforce the law and defend the interests of the United States according to the law; to ensure public safety against threats foreign and domestic; to provide federal leadership in preventing and controlling crime; to seek just punishment for those guilty of unlawful behavior; and to ensure fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans.

It is a crime for one or more persons acting under color of law willfully to deprive or conspire to deprive another person of any right protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States. (18 U.S.C. ßß 241, 242). "Color of law" simply means that the person doing the act is using power given to him or her by a governmental agency (local, State, or Federal). A law enforcement officer acts "under color of law" even if he or she is exceeding his or her rightful power. The types of law enforcement misconduct covered by these laws include excessive force, sexual assault, intentional false arrests, or the intentional fabrication of evidence resulting in a loss of liberty to another. Enforcement of these provisions does not require that any racial, religious, or other discriminatory motive existed.
Violations of these laws are punishable by fine and/or imprisonment.
This law makes it unlawful for State or local law enforcement officers to engage in a pattern or practice of conduct that deprives persons of rights protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States. (42 U.S.C. ß 14141). The types of conduct covered by this law can include, among other things, excessive force, discriminatory harassment, false arrests, coercive sexual conduct, and unlawful stops, searches or arrests.

My Family and I were pulled over for a Minor Traffic Violation.
(Passing on the right)

My Family and I were then Violated, Patronized, Threatened and then Beaten & Pepper Sprayed by two Warm Springs Oregon Indian Reservation Police Officers. Matthew Sherwood & Mike Perkins.
August 11th 2005 on HWY 26, in the parking lot of The Indian Head Restaurant. We were obviously deprived of our "Personal Liberties"! (118US.356,357) & Civil Rights!

They Threatened & Degraded us over an hour Prior, with Bodily Harm & Physical Injury!! For a minor traffic violation?
We were in Fear of our Safety and our Lives hours Prior to being Intentionally Assaulted.
In such Fear that we had to summons the help of an Oregon State Police Officer to save us from the Terror & Intimidation!
We advised the Oregon State Trooper that we were being Threatened with bodily harm & Intimidated and that we need him to stay with us until the Rogue Indian Reservation Cops have left because we were in Fear of them and their Threats of Harm to Myself & my Family.
I even pointed out to him which one was the Aggressor & Agitator. (Matthew Sherwood) (also has worked for Madras Police Department)
He agreed to do so, and he did just that! He sat there with us until the 2 Insurgents had left the area!
(This was recorded by the Oregon State Police Officer and we have a copy of this recording from the Oregon State Police Department)
The Insurgents took my Oregon drivers license (said it was suspended) and told us that we had to sit there. Matthew Sherwood advised us that ďHEĒ was Judge, Jury & Executioner in Warm Springs.
The 2 Indian Reservation Insurgents then Stalked and Intimidated us for over an hour. Driving by real slow (1-5 mph) in a 45 mph zone, HWY 26.
4 Times he did this. Flipping us off every time he slowly drove past us. Flipping us off?? This is a Cop?? This isnít a Cop.
He also parked in the bushes and sat behind us for over 20 minutes. Then one of the Insurgents (Perkins, also worked as a Linn County Sheriff deputy) came to a skidding stop right next to my drivers door, he jumped out of his Patrol car and Threatened us again with Bodily Harm, Physical Injury & even Vehicle Confiscation!
When I said "You cant do this to us" You cant steal my License and then tell us to sit here and then Stalk us & Threaten us"....."Whatís your Badge #"? He started laughing like a Drunk and called me a %#cking Idiot over & over, & said that I watch to much God Damn TV and then he sped off in his Patrol car. (Perkins) Just jumped back in his car and left the scene. This is a Cop? A Police Officer? A Sheriff Deputy?
I told my Wife to go call 911 and tell them that we are being Threatened again by the same Insurgent cops that we just requested help from the Oregon State Police to protect us from.
They hung up on her! They hung up on her!! She figured that it had to be a bad connection. Who in their right mind would hang up on a women calling 911 for help. Na, They hung up on her.
She called back a few more times & the lady kept hanging up on her. (Warm Springs 911 not Jefferson County 911) No sooner did she get back to the car crying hysterically saying they just kept hanging up on me, the other Insurgent cop (Sherwood) comes skidding up to the back of our car (we have pictures of this)
He jumps out (this is the Same Exact Cop that was Threatening me earlier with Bodily Harm & Physical Injury, & we had to ask a State Cop for help from and Who also has a Record of this Type of behavior! & who I pointed out to the State Cop) (he has even done the same thing, since my family was attacked)
He starts Patronizing & Threatening my wife.... He said "Im sick of your %#cking Assís" grabbing at his gun, unsnapping it.
I said to my wife,"get back in the car" "we are in the Twighlight zone" and pointed towards the door, as I was turning around I was being Pepper Sprayed in the neck, chest, shoulder, back & head.
The Insurgent cop was so Hyped up and out of control that he couldnít even aim straight. I yelled out "what the hell are you doing"? "whatís wrong with you"? "what did we do to you"? " He screams out "you're going down you God Damn Punk!" "Im taking you down", "I hate mother %#ckers like you"! Im sick of your %#cking ass, And started hitting me with his Metal Stick.
I then screamed at my wife to "Run, Run, Run, go call 911, call the police, call the State Police, Get Help! Fast, Run, Run. Get help fast"! It was Clear to us that we were in a Lawless town ran by a bunch of Insurgents cops that force their own rule of Law! I believe the State Cop knew this as well!
As she ran I was walking backwards saying to the Cop "you cant do this to my family".... (My hands were up in the air and I was walking backwards the entire time, even their witnessís confirm this).
I couldnít turn my back on him that was obvious. He just kept Beating & Beating & Spraying.
As my wife was on the Phone trying to call 911 again, I was walking backwards around the phone booth in circles yelling for him to stop,"Please stop" " donít you see what you are doing to my kids". (12&15) Who were crying hysterically and screaming "whatís wrong with you"? "Why are you doing this to us"? "Please stop hitting my Dad". Stop, Stop Stop.
Then the other Insurgent cop came skidding into the parking lot, jumped out of his car and started Beating me with his Metal Stick & Pepper Spraying me. As he was Attacking me the other one stops Beating me (Sherwood) and jumps on my 15 year old Son, throws him to the ground, yanks his head back by his hair and sprays him point blank right in his eyes with his Pepper Spray.
Why? Why did he attack my son? Why? Why Huh? Why? My son was crying and asking Why? Why? Why?. Why would a Cop stop attacking me and choose to attack my 15 year old defenseless boy?
Yeah! you need a Badge & a Gun!
My son was doing absolutely nothing! Absolutely nothing!!!!
He was crying and asking Why? Why? Why? & "Please Stop" Please Stop"!
The Insurgent cop that Attacked my Son then comes over to where I am being Beaten (as my Son is handcuffed on the ground screaming & kicking and rolling around in Pain, Agony & Disbelief)
and sticks his Gun in my face and starts screaming "Im going to kill you" "Im going to kill you mother %#cker" "You %#cking punk, Im going to %#cking kill you" as the other one is Beating & Spraying me. Cop? Na! These are not Cops!
(you donít have a clue as to how I wanted to protect myself & family at this point, & very well could have if I chose that route, which I did not!!)
All the while the Jefferson County Sheriff and other Warm Springs Cops in the background were moving out of the way of the Bullet Travel & the whole time I was yelling "Who are you people? Whatís wrong with you? You cant do this to us, You cant do this to my Family. I said "Go ahead and shoot an unarmed man with his hands in the air" "Walking backwards and begging you to stop" "You want me to turn my back too"?
(my wife and younger son seen two Real Native Americans grab a rifle from their trucks back window, why? Humm! I guarantee it wasent to shoot me!)
I started to kneel on my knees, hands still in the air,...still in the air!, not resisting in any way shape or form (actually saying"please stop hitting me") and the Insurgents figured this was their chance to inflict some damage since I was in a Vulnerable position, (hands in the air and on my knees) & he started Beating me even more. He yells out "We donít negotiate" "We donít negotiate with %#cking Punks" and continues to Beat me.
Cop? Na! This is called a Coward!! Cowards do not belong behind a Badge & a Gun. Especially on an Indian Reservation where they donít have to obey their own Laws, let alone any of the Constitutional Rights of any American traveling thru their "Above the Law" Foreign Country"!
After I realized the Cops were not there to arrest me, they were there to do exactly what they said they were going to do, hours earlier!
Which was to Inflict Bodily Harm and Physically Injure ME!! And MY FAMILY! I stood up, took a few more blows with their Metal Sticks, a few more shots with their Pepper Sprays. I then screamed out at the Crowd, "Donít you people see what these Cops are doing?
They yelled out "Yes we see them" I said "will you do something then if they start hitting me again when I get down & try to surrender? They yelled out "Yeah man we got your back". "We are watching them".
The Insurgents then calmed down enough (Since they were being witnessed) I then knelt down & they handcuff me and threw me on a bench and I flipped over the back of it onto my head.
It just so happens that there were Jefferson County Sheriff's Officers & other Warm Springs Cops in the Crowd who just watched me & my 15 year old son being Beaten & Attacked. Just Watched!
Why? Why did they just watch? Why didnít they get involved? Just Watched?
I took over 70 Blows from 2 Metal Sticks, I was Pepper Sprayed and I had to Watch while my 15 year old Son was Attacked, Assaulted and Tortured for no reason!!!!!!!!!!
Over a 3 hour period, We were Victimized, Patronized, Belittled, Degraded, Stalked, Tortured, Threatened Repeatedly, Assaulted, Falsely Arrested, Falsely Imprisoned, Illegal Vehicle Search, Victims of False Polices Reports, Hung up on by the Entity (911) that was established to PROTECT people who are in Imminent Danger and being Threatened, Stalked & Tortured!!! I was denied my Pain medicine and I was denied a phone call!
Not once! Not Twice! Not Even Tree times! Over & Over they Hung Up on a Women who was crying out in Desperate need of HELP and Assistance!!!
Because of her Negligence (911 Operator) we were Attacked & Assaulted anyway! From the same Cops that we were threatened from hours prior! We suffer to this day! You donít have a Clue!
If a women asked for help from an Oregon State Cop because she was being threatened with RAPE and she was subsequently RAPED by the 2 that were threatening her hours prior......and she called 911 for help during the RAPE and was hung up on......Numerous times!..During the Rape, Hummmm!!!
Get Real!! ...donít try to Hide it!....Do something About it!!!!
We tried to stop the Imminent attack hours earlier!!!
We tried to call 911 for assistance over & over again!!
Do you think any of it has stopped? Well it sure as heck has not!!! My Family is Traumatized to say the least! I can give you a very long list of Depression, Nightmares, Physical Damage, Mental Damage, Emotional Damage, Financial Damage and so on and I can personally guarantee you that it was not brought on because of me or any wrongdoing on my Families part!

About a month later I find out that the Insurgent Cops are now saying that I hit them! How Pathetic!! They actually FILED a Police Report saying that I beat one of them in the Face several times.
Where were his injuries?
Why would I stop beating him?
If I would have started beating him, I guarantee I would not have stopped!
Especially after he attacked my innocent 15 year old son!!!
Why is it then that no one else seen this? Not even their own witness who stated that he seen the entire incident from beginning to end yet he never says anything about the Insurgents being hit or me even attempting to protect myself or my family. He actually states that I was walking around backwards around the phone booth yelling ďPlease stopĒ Please StopĒ ďplease stop hurting meĒwith my hands in the air the entire time! Thatís their witness, not mine.
How about the other Warm Springs Cop (Jeremy) with his little ride along buddy who was about 10 years old?! Did he witness this? Did the Jefferson County Sheriff she anything resembling me protecting myself???
Another one of their Falsified Police Reports states that I kicked the other Insurgent Several times in the Stomach.
Their witnesses never seems to have ever seen this part of the incident either and neither did the Jefferson County Sheriff or the other Warm Springs Cops! Why is that? Why? Because itís a Lie thatís why? This is called a FALSE POLICE REPORT. Cops? Na! I donít think so!
Ask any of their witnesses if they ever seen me even act like I was going to hit them, ask them if I ever tried to protect myself or my family at any point, in any way shape or form. Do you have any clue as to what this does to a Father? A Dad, A Husband?
None of their witnesses seen this part!! Not even their witness that says he seen the whole thing from beginning to end. Liars Too! .......Wow, go figure!
My hands were in the air the entire time I was being Beaten, Tortured & Assaulted. I will not spend one day in Jail for a False Police Report Written & Filed by two Insurgents that were Threatening us with Bodily Harm & Injury hours Prior to us being Stalked, Tortured, Victimized, Assaulted, Attacked and Victims of the Worst kind of Gross Police Misconduct that there is!

WE ARE THE VICTIMS!!!
We are still suffering from it, Daily!!!!!!!!!!!
We are seeking Your Type of Justice!
Now lets see it!
Stand up!
"If so-called Police Officers will Infringe on men's Rights, they ought to Pay Greater Damages than other men, to Deter and Hinder other Officers from the Like Offences."
Federal criminal civil rights law prohibits law enforcement agents from conspiring to interfere with federally protected rights, depriving rights under color of law, or using or conspiring to use force, or threat of force, to interfere with the free exercise of our civil rights.
We havenít even brought up the 911 Operator or My Physical Injuries let alone the Mental, Financial or Emotional problems we are all experiencing.
Daniel J Brown
541-536-2875
HolySpiritSentMe@msn.com
ILuvPsalms23@msn.com
www.freewebs.com/pastordan
www.freewebs.com/evangelist
The United States Constitution provides fundamental rights which cannot be denied. All law must comply with the basic fundamental rights and guarantees provided by the United States Constitution. The protections afforded under the Constitution of the United States, as well the constitutions of the various states, are provided to all persons. Any law which violates constitutional law may be overturned through the court system and thus prosecution based upon such law would be prohibited. Courts are routinely asked to determine whether the prosecution of a person would violate Constitutional law.

"BLUE WALL of Justice"
"You know the words on the side of police cars "We Serve And Protect", let me tell you every time I see that I'm sick with grief. It doesn't apply to anyone. It should read, "hey, we serve and protect our own"!

www.freewebs.com/bluewall/
www.policemisconduct.4t.com/
www.webspawner.com/users/speakerdan/
www.webspawner.com/users/bluewall2/
www.goecities.com/bluewall3/bluewall.html
www.freewebs.com/evangelist/
www.freewebs.com/pastordan/
www.freewebs.com/limotour/
www.freewebs.com/autobodyconnection/
www.freewebs.com/memorylanemurals/
www.policemisconduct.onesite.com
541-536-2875

Sincerely !

We have a Growing List of Past Victims of Matthew Sherwood and we have NEW Victims of Matthew Sherwood. Including False Police reports and he even called one of them at Home and threatened them over the phone. People this is not a Cop! Someone needs to Stand Up!

We went to Warm Springs in February to file Criminal Charges on their two Insurgents and their Chief ENES SMITH said ďHe doesnít accept Criminal Charges on his Police Officers and I better leave the Country or he will personally take us outĒ! WOW! Thatís their Chief. Hummm!
Jigsaw John

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, but your story is disjointed, lacks many details, and rambles on in an incoheherient manner.

That is my truthful, honest assessment.

>>My Family and I were pulled over for a Minor Traffic Violation.
(Passing on the right) My Family and I were then Violated, Patronized, Threatened and then Beaten & Pepper Sprayed by two Warm Springs Oregon Indian Reservation Police Officers. Matthew Sherwood & Mike Perkins.<<

You expect people to believe this? You and your family are pulled over for a typical moving violation, and the police officers just start beating you and your family for absolutely no reason?

Do you know how absurd that sounds? Do you think they were just having a bad day and decided to pull over and beat some innocent family for no other reason than a minor traffic violation? Do you think everyone reading this is going to swallow that? Do you think a jury would?

I would doubt even a jury in LA or Portland for that matter would buy that story.

>>I took over 70 Blows from 2 Metal Sticks, I was Pepper Sprayed and I had to Watch while my 15 year old Son was Attacked, Assaulted and Tortured for no reason!! Over a 3 hour period, We were Victimized, Patronized, Belittled, Degraded, Stalked, Tortured, Threatened Repeatedly, Assaulted, Falsely Arrested, Falsely Imprisoned, Illegal Vehicle Search, Victims of False Polices Reports, Hung up on by the Entity (911)<<

All this for passing a car on the right?

But I love the part about your wife calling 911 to report your family being attacked for no reason at all by polices officers.

Great stuff!

>>My Family is Traumatized to say the least! I can give you a very long list of Depression, Nightmares, Physical Damage, Mental Damage, Emotional Damage, Financial Damage and so on<<

Hmmm? Try getting one of those LA attorneys. They'll throw in whiplash, eyelash, soft tissue damage, diminished sex life. Tell them it's affected your hearing, and keep saying, "Huh"?

>>About a month later I find out that the Insurgent Cops are now saying that I hit them!<<

No kidding? What a surprise.
HarleyMuralist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Warm Springs Gross Police Misconduct Reply with quote

Try reading it with your head out of your ass! They didnt pull us over and beat us. READ IT again!
Email me and I will give you names & phone numbers of people who have been victims as my family was. You need to get your head out of your ass! How about two boys without helmets? Do they deserve to be Beat? They were and so was their Mother and their Dad who is in a wheelchair.
There really is such a thing as "POLICE MISCONDUCT" especialy on an Indian Reservation where they think they are above the Law and you are aparently brain dead if you think there isnt! OJ Simpson is not guilty either. Bafoon!
Call me 541-536-2875
Jigsaw John

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>Try reading it with your head out of your ass! They didnt pull us over and beat us. READ IT again! <<

Oh please. I've seen weak, futile, non credible, non descript, fantasy accusations against the police like yours many times. No one believes your story. It's weak, lacks details, police motive etc.

>>Email me and I will give you names & phone numbers of people who have been victims as my family was.<<

Oh stop. Quit being the victim. I don't give out my email to the unstable, cop hating public. Your story is weak and full of holes. Try getting a real job, and quit blaming others for your lack of credibility.

>>You need to get your head out of your ass! How about two boys without helmets? <<

Helmets? What are you talking about? I thought this was about your hysterical case?

>>OJ Simpson is not guilty either. Bafoon<<

OJ?? Huh?

Let me guess, you're an expert on the OJ case too right? You are a senior investigator the was intimately involved in that investigation and had first hand knowledge of the secured and documented evidence right?

Or are you just another TV viewer, police hating wannabe that thinks he knows the case? Too funny.

Do yourself a favor, and shut up. You're a light weight, big mouth looking for an easy paycheck. Not going to happen Fred. I suggest you apply at Wal-Mart or other legitimate employment and take care of your family.

You're out of your league here. No need to get foul and I strongly suggest you don't push me. I'd hate making a bigger bozo out of you than you've already done all by yourself.
evelio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by evelio on Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
evelio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Tribal Police Response Reply with quote

I was hostile to the white man...We preferred policing to a life of idleness on our reservations. At times we did not get enough to eat and we were not allowed to police. All we wanted was peace and to be let alone. Dan came...in the winter..and destroyed our villages.

Then Long Hair (Dan) came...Dan said we massacred his family, but he would have done the same to us. Our first impulse was to escape...but we were so hemmed in we had to fight. After that I lived in peace, but Dan would not let me alone. I was not allowed to remain quiet. I was tired of fighting...Dan tried to confine me..and then Dan ran his bayonet into me. I have spoken.

Shinguaconse
HarleyMuralist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Warm Springs Gross Police Misconduct Reply with quote

Tribal Government very often does not recognize nor honors United States citizens rights under our constitution, Citizens in Community after community across the United States are having many negitive confrontations with tribal Government and police on and off of tribal casino property. If you are wronged while on tribal land try to file a grevence or lawsuit and see how far you get. Folks there are alot of true incidents that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. This is only one local incident and there are many many others. This is scarey stuff. Tribalism is brutal and is being persued and replaced across the Globe with democratic forms of government. Then why are we embracing an obsolete, caotic form of Government in the heart of our own country. Our Governments Indian policy is flawed and has failed us. I demand equal rights for ALL US citizens one people one Nation United together, not divided against itself.
Crazy Charlie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Tribal Police Response Reply with quote

I think your full it. Even if you did get a beating, it was more than likely well deserved. Your response to guy above was way out of line.
Donald_Lee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Police abuse Reply with quote

Have you ever used meth? That's quite the story you have there. I think anger management classes would be of help to you.
HarleyMuralist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Warm Springs Gross Police Misconduct Reply with quote

Grow a brain, Imbecile!
Thw world can do without fools like you.
Donald_Lee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Warm Springs Gross Police Misconduct Reply with quote

HarleyMuralist wrote:
Grow a brain, Imbecile!
Thw world can do without fools like you.

Have you ever considered getting treatment for your anger? Now, I see what meth does to someone who is already mental.
HarleyMuralist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Warm Springs Reply with quote

Get a life!
Donald_Lee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Warm Springs Reply with quote

HarleyMuralist wrote:
Get a life!

Like you have such a great one.
truth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a response to the original poster. I donít know why, but he feels the need to spam free servers online with a story that obviously is a fabrication.

Does police abuse exist? Yes, it does! But not in this case! His story has changed several times from his first posts and yet, it still has holes in it the size of Crater Lake.

And to top that, when people email him with a questions, or to counter his story, he sends them threats.

I personally am not affiliated with the Warm Springs Tribal police or the Warm Springs tribe in any way. Nor am I affiliated with any law enforcement entity. I am only a concerned person who thinks this story is part of some sort of plot of revenge for God knows what.

I have posted a few responses to this guyís rants on Craigslist as have others only to have them flagged by this guy. Kind of funny seeing as I donít flag his posts at all. He screams about civil rights violations then tries to silence people who have a differ from him. According to other posters, even send them threats via email (although despite requests, he wonít email me)

So I clipped some of the other posts regarding this manís rant and even reposted some that have been flagged.

Now I am posting in response to this on Bend Weekly. I certainly hope he emails me because if it contains threats as others claim, I will repost them here for all to see.

You can say youíre a pastor, or even throw in a holy spirit in every now and then, but it doesnít change the fact that your story has too many holes in it to be even remotely true.

"My Family and I were pulled over for a Minor Traffic Violation.
(Passing on the right)"

It happens. Illegal yes, minor violation, yes.

---
"My Family and I were then Violated, Patronized, Threatened, Intimidated and then Beaten & Pepper Sprayed by two Warm Springs Oregon Indian Reservation Police Officers. Matthew Sherwood & Mike Perkins.
August 11th 2005 on HWY 26, in the parking lot of The Indian Head Restaurant. We were obviously deprived of our "Personal Liberties"! (118US.356,357) & Civil Rights!
Matthew Sherwood isnít Indian and he doesnít live on the Reservation.
He used to work for Madras Police Department as a wannabe. He also has priors for this type of activity.
Mike Perkins is not Indian and he works for the Linn County Sheriff or at least use to."

You do not have such rights on Indian Land. You must understand that an indian reservation is seperate from federal land. There are only a few federal laws that are enforced on indian land and those very few laws are enforced by the FBI.
The officers involved in your incident were not police officers. They are public safety officers. The indian government can call them anything they want and put any colored lights on top of the car they want, but you also must understand that they are not police as you may understand them in Oregon.

The fact that they were both white is irrelivant. Many times the indian govenment hires outsiders to enforce their laws because there is sometimes a taboo about indian vs indian. And sometimes there is a shortage of qualified persons with experience for the job.

How do you work for a police department as a wanna-be? Code enforcement? Community service officer? Dispatcher? They all hold their own weight and have their own jobs.

---
"They Threatened & Degraded us over an hour Prior, with Bodily Harm & Physical Injury!! For a minor traffic violation? Matthew Sherwood said that he will yank me out of the car window and beat my ass. He said that he is sick of people like me speeding thru his town. He said that he is sick of mother %#ckers like me killing innocent people on his highway"

That was uncalled for if true (but not). What provoked this? Did he just walk up to the car and start yelling? Not likely.

---
"We were in Fear of our Safety and our Lives hours Prior to being Intentionally Assaulted.
In such Fear that we had to summons the help of an Oregon State Police Officer to save us from the Terror & Intimidation!
We advised the Oregon State Trooper that we were being Threatened with bodily harm & Intimidated and that we need him to stay with us until the Rogue Indian Reservation Cops have left because we were in Fear of them and their Threats of Harm to Myself & my Family.
I even pointed out to him which one was the Aggressor & Agitator. (Matthew Sherwood) (also has worked for Madras Police Department)
He agreed to do so, and he did just that! He sat there with us until the 2 Insurgents had left the area!
(This was recorded by the Oregon State Police Officer and we have a copy of this recording from the Oregon State Police Department)
The Insurgents took my Oregon drivers license (said it was suspended) and told us that we had to sit there. Matthew Sherwood advised us that ďHEĒ was Judge, Jury & Executioner in Warm Springs"

The only reason the trooper is allowed on indian land is because the indian government allows it. Again, remember that you are on foreign soil. These are agents of a foreign government even if they are US citizens.

Mr Sherwood is right. He does call the shots on his turf. Sad if he is an abuser (which I donít think he truly is despite your story)

---
"The 2 Indian Reservation Insurgents then Stalked and Intimidated us for over an hour. Driving by real slow (1-5 mph) in a 45 mph zone, HWY 26.
4 Times he did this. Flipping us off every time he slowly drove past us. Flipping us off?? This is a Cop?? This isnít a Cop.
He also parked in the bushes and sat behind us for over 20 minutes. The fourth time he flipped us off, I flipped him back, then the Insurgent (Perkins, also worked as a Linn County Sheriff deputy) came to a skidding stop right next to my drivers door, in the middle of HWY26, he jumped out of his Patrol car and Threatened us again with Bodily Harm, Physical Injury & even Vehicle Confiscation!
When I said "You cant do this to us" You cant steal my License and then tell us to sit here and then Stalk, Intimidate & Threaten us"....."Whatís your Badge #"? He started laughing like a Drunk and called me a %#cking Idiot over & over and said that I watch to much God Damn TV and then he sped off in his Patrol car. (Perkins) Threatens us and jumps back into his car and left the scene. This is a Cop? A Police Officer? A Sheriff Deputy? Get Real!
I told my Wife to go call 911 and tell them that we are being Threatened again by the same Insurgent cops that we just requested help from the Oregon State Police to protect us from."

How long did you sit there? Why did you wait for these guys to keep returning?

Bad idea to flip them off back as you learned. Why poke an angry dog with a stick? Your just going to get him even angrier.
You didn't really explain this. They asked you to stay there and drove away with your license?
BTW, badge numbers don't mean squat these days. You watch too much tv and did nothing but piss them off even more.
Remember, this is not a cop, not a sheriff, and not a police officer. You did the right thing by calling 911 again though. But why call 911 when the State Troopers were already there?

---
"They hung up on her! They hung up on her!! She figured that it had to be a bad connection. Who in their right mind would hang up on a women calling 911 for help from someone threatening to harm her. Na, They hung up on her. 911?
She called back a few more times & the lady kept hanging up on her. (Warm Springs 911 not Jefferson County 911) No sooner did she get back to the car crying hysterically saying they just kept hanging up on me, the other Insurgent cop (Sherwood) comes skidding up to the back of our car (we have pictures of this)"

See this is where your story rings bullshit. If you call 911 on your cellphone it goes to the state police.
She was outside of the car? When did that happen? You were taking pictures of this whole thing while you were scared for your life? ok, this just get better and better.

---
"He jumps out (this is the Same Exact Cop that was Threatening me earlier with Bodily Harm & Physical Injury, and we had to ask a State Cop for help from and Who also has a Record of this Type of behavior! & who I pointed out to the State Cop) (he has even done the same thing, since my family was assaulted and attacked)
He starts Patronizing & Threatening my wife.... He said "Im sick of your %#cking Assís" grabbing at his gun, unsnapping it.
I said to my wife,"get back in the car" "we are in the Twighlight zone" and pointed towards the door, as I was turning around I was being Pepper Sprayed in the neck, chest, shoulder, back & head."

The time frame on this is a bit confusing. When did the trooper arrive? Those coneheads were doing all of this in front of the trooper? You were "all of a sudden" pepper sprayed? Wow, this is like Jerry Springer roadside addition.

---
"The Insurgent cop was so Hyped up and out of control that he couldnít even aim straight. I yelled out "what the hell are you doing"? "whatís wrong with you"? "what did we do to you"? " He screams out "you're going down you God Damn Punk!" "Im taking you down", "I hate mother %#ckers like you"! Im sick of your %#cking ass, And started hitting me with his Metal Stick.
I then screamed at my wife to "Run, Run, Run, go call 911, call the police, call the State Police, Get Help! Fast, Run, Run. Get help fast"!
It was Clear to us that we were in a Lawless town ran by a bunch of Insurgents cops that force their own rule of Law! I believe the State Cop knew this as well!
As she ran I was walking backwards saying to the Cop "you cant do this to my family".... (My hands were up in the air and I was walking backwards the entire time, even their witnessís confirm this)."

Let me get this straight. The officer DID pull his gun out? Where was the trooper during all this? And you YELLED at the officer when he was pointing the gun at you? You provoked a crazed man with a gun when you were at gunpoint? Yeah right buddy.
You told your wife to call 911 but you just said the trooper was already there. Again, your time frame is more than questionable.
For the umteenth time, this is not a town. It is indian land not governed by the state, the county, or the federal government. And those guys weren't cops.

Your right, they can't do that to your family. But as your story goes from start to finish, they haven't done anything to anybody but you so far.

---
"I couldnít turn my back on him that was obvious. He just kept Beating & Beating & Spraying.
As my wife was on the Phone trying to call 911 again, I was walking backwards around the phone booth in circles yelling for him to stop,"Please stop" " donít you see what you are doing to my kids". (12&15) Who were crying hysterically and screaming "whatís wrong with you"? "Why are you doing this to us"? "Please stop hitting my Dad". Stop, Stop Stop.
Then the other Insurgent cop came skidding into the parking lot, jumped out of his car and started Beating me with his Metal Stick & Pepper Spraying me. As he was Attacking me the other one stops Beating me (Sherwood) and jumps on my 15 year old Son, throws him to the ground, yanks his head back by his hair and sprays him point blank right in his eyes with his Pepper Spray.
Why? Why did he attack my son? Why? Why Huh? Why? My son was crying and asking Why? Why? Why?. Why would a Cop stop attacking me and choose to attack my 15 year old defenseless boy?
Yeah! you need a Badge & a Gun!"

You couldn't turn your back on him? I thought you were walking backwards toward him with your hands up.

So while you were walking backwards, the other guy comes running up to you with pepperspray in one hand and his stick in the other using both of them on you?

And the other pulled your 15 year old son out of the car? You didn't say if he got out. He stopped his attack on you and went for your boy? You said it was the other guy. So they both started on your boy now and the whole time the trooper was just sitting there?

---
"My son was doing absolutely nothing! Absolutely nothing!!!!
He was crying and asking Why? Why? Why? & "Please Stop" Please Stop"!
The Insurgent cop that Attacked my Son then comes over to where I am being Beaten (as my Son is handcuffed on the ground screaming & kicking and rolling around in Pain, Agony & Disbelief)
and sticks his Gun in my face and starts screaming "Im going to kill you" "Im going to kill you mother %#cker" "You %#cking punk, Im going to %#cking kill you" as the other one is Beating & Spraying me. Cop? Na! These are not Cops!"

Now it is one guy that is attacking your son. DO you see why this has many holes in it? They pulled all of this thugish crap right infront of a state trooper? I think not. And your right, they aren't cops.

---
"you donít have a clue as to how I wanted to protect myself & family at this point, & very well could have if I chose that route, which I did not!!)
All the while the Jefferson County Sheriff and other Warm Springs Cops in the background were moving out of the way of the Bullet Travel & the whole time I was yelling "Who are you people? Whatís wrong with you? You cant do this to us, You cant do this to my Family. I said "Go ahead and shoot an unarmed man with his hands in the air" "Walking backwards and begging you to stop" "You want me to turn my back too"?
(my wife and younger son seen two Real Native Americans grab a rifle from their trucks back window, why? Humm! I guarantee it was not to shoot me!)
I started to kneel on my knees, hands still in the air,...still in the air!, not resisting in any way shape or form (actually saying"please stop hitting me") and the Insurgents figured this was their chance to inflict some damage since I was in a Vulnerable position, (hands in the air and on my knees) & he started Beating me even more. He yells out "We donít negotiate" "We donít negotiate with %#cking Punks" and continues to Beat me."

You chose to restrain yourself while these guys beat you and your family?

All of a sudden the Jefferson County Sheriff are there to huh? And all of a sudden your no longer on the ground beaten, bloody, and unable to see cause of the pepper spray and all of a sudden your up on your feet yelling at the real cops walking backwards with your hands in the air. And you can see others move out of the way of bullet travel? That would mean that all the people you said you saw were in front of you and not behind you. This story has more holes than swiss cheese!

Hands in the air and all of a sudden they are beating you again. Too many things are happening at the same time here. Your story is smelling more and more like bull crap. You sure get beat a lot in this story. How could your son see indians with guns when he was face down handcuffed and pepper sprayed? Sure buddy.

---
" Cop? Na! This is called a Coward!! Cowards do not belong behind a Badge & a Gun. Especially on an Indian Reservation where they donít have to obey their own Laws, let alone any of the Constitutional Rights of any American traveling thru their "Above the Law" Foreign Country" on an Oregon State Highway!
After I realized the Cops were not there to arrest me, they were there to do exactly what they said they were going to do, hours earlier!
Which was to Inflict Bodily Harm and Physically Injure Me and MY FAMILY! I stood up, took a few more blows with their Metal Sticks, a few more shots with their Pepper Sprays. I then screamed out at the Crowd, "Donít you people see what these Cops are doing?
They yelled out "Yes we see them" I said "will you do something then if they start hitting me again when I get down & try to surrender? They yelled out "Yeah man we got your back". "We are watching them". "

Great, you finally realized that this is foreign land. Land you didn't have to travel through. The highway may be state, but just off it is indian.

Hours? You mean that this whole thing happened over several hours? You took this for hours? Nobody helped you for hours? You didn't leave for hours?

Now there are not only Indian spectators, Sheriffs, Indian Public Safety Officers, but a state trooper too. For hours this went on? Sure it did.

---
"The Insurgents then calmed down enough (Since they were being witnessed) I then knelt down & they handcuff me and threw me on a bench and I flipped over the back of it onto my head.
It just so happens that there were Jefferson County Sheriff's Officers & other Warm Springs Cops in the Crowd who just watched me & my 15 year old son being Beaten & Attacked. Just Watched!
Why? Why did they just watch? Why didnít they get involved? Just Watched?
I took over 70 Blows from 2 Metal Sticks, I was Pepper Sprayed and I had to Watch while my 15 year old Son was Attacked, Assaulted and Tortured for no reason!!!!!!!!!! What could we have possibly done to deserve this?"

70 blows my ass! Rodney King didn't even get that. If you got hit 70 times with a metal pole you would be dead.

---
"Over a 3 hour period, We were Victimized, Patronized, Belittled, Degraded, Stalked, Tortured, Intimidated, Threatened Repeatedly, Assaulted, Falsely Arrested, Falsely Imprisoned, Illegal Vehicle Search, Victims of False Polices Reports, Hung up on by the Entity (911) that was established to PROTECT people who are in Imminent Danger and being Threatened, Stalked & Tortured!!! I was denied my Pain medicine and I was denied a phone call!
Not once! Not Twice! Not Even Tree times! Over & Over they Hung Up on a Women who was crying out in Desperate need of HELP and Assistance!!!
Because of her Negligence (911 Operator) we were Attacked & Assaulted anyway! From the same Cops that we were threatened from hours prior! We suffer to this day! You donít have a Clue!"

Three hours of this? Ha ha! What ever. Again, the rights you expect on American soil do not apply to indian soil.

Because of the 911 operator? It's all her fault? I thought there was already a state trooper there. That is why you were calling 911 right? How many times do I have to mention that those were not cops.

---
"If a women asked for help from an Oregon State Cop because she was being threatened with RAPE and she was subsequently RAPED by the 2 that were threatening her hours prior......and she called 911 for help during the RAPE and was hung up on......Numerous times!..During the Rape, Hummmm!!!
Get Real!! ...donít try to Hide it!....Do something About it!!!!
We tried to stop the Imminent attack hours earlier!!!
We tried to call 911 for assistance over & over again!!
Do you think any of it has stopped? Well it sure as heck has not!!! My Family is Traumatized to say the least! I can give you a very long list of Depression, Nightmares, Physical Damage, Mental Damage, Emotional Damage, Financial Damage and so on and I can personally guarantee you that it was not brought on because of me or any wrongdoing on my Families part!"

This isn't rape. You said the state police were there. Your own words.
If you were harmed, then sue them in court.

---
"About a month later I find out that the Insurgent Cops are now saying that I hit them! How Pathetic!! They actually FILED a Police Report saying that I beat one of them in the Face several times.
Where were his injuries?
Why would I stop beating him?
If I would have started beating him, I guarantee I would not have stopped!
Especially after he attacked my innocent 15 year old son!!!
Why is it then that no one else seen this? Not even their own witness who stated that he seen the entire incident from beginning to end yet he never says anything about the Insurgents being hit or me even attempting to protect myself or my family. He actually states that I was walking around backwards around the phone booth yelling ďPlease stopĒ Please StopĒ ďplease stop hurting meĒwith my hands in the air the entire time! Thatís their witness, not mine.
How about the other Warm Springs Cop (Jeremy) with his little ride along buddy who was about 10 years old?! Did he witness this? Did the Jefferson County Sheriff she anything resembling me protecting myself???"

They did not file a police report because they are not police. You read the report?

Where are your injuries? And a month later at that!

---
"Another one of their Falsified Police Reports states that I kicked the other Insurgent Several times in the Stomach.
Their witnesses never seems to have ever seen this part of the incident either and neither did the Jefferson County Sheriff or the other Warm Springs Cops! Why is that? Why? Because itís a Lie thatís why? This is called a FALSE POLICE REPORT. Cops? Na! I donít think so!
Ask any of their witnesses if they ever seen me even act like I was going to hit them, ask them if I ever tried to protect myself or my family at any point, in any way shape or form. Do you have any clue as to what this does to a Father? A Dad, A Husband?
None of their witnesses seen this part!! Not even their witness that says he seen the whole thing from beginning to end. Liars Too! .......Wow, go figure!
My hands were in the air the entire time I was being Beaten, Tortured & Assaulted. I will not spend one day in Jail for a False Police Report Written & Filed by two Insurgents that were Threatening us with Bodily Harm & Injury hours Prior to us being Stalked, Tortured, Intimidated, Victimized, Assaulted, Attacked and Victims of the Worst kind of Gross Police Misconduct that there is!"

You keep saying "cops, na they aren't" but you keep calling it a police report. How many reports did you read?

So let me get this jewel of a quote straight. The entire time you were beaten, even though you mentioned more than once that you were on your feet, and on your face, you just said you were on your knees with your hands up. 70 hits from a batton. You are contradicting yourself. And you claim the officers were lying? Any first year law student would rip your story apart to shreds. Now I do smell bull crap.

Again this is not police misconduct because those were not police.

---
"WE ARE THE VICTIMS!!!
We are still suffering from it, Daily!!!!!!!!!!!
We are seeking Your Type of Justice!
Now lets see it!
Stand up!
"If so-called Police Officers will Infringe on men's Rights, they ought to Pay Greater Damages than other men, to Deter and Hinder other Officers from the Like Offences."
Federal criminal civil rights law prohibits law enforcement agents from conspiring to interfere with federally protected rights, depriving rights under color of law, or using or conspiring to use force, or threat of force, to interfere with the free exercise of our civil rights.
We havenít even brought up the 911 Operator or My Physical Injuries let alone the Mental, Financial or Emotional problems we are all experiencing."

All of the rights you just mentioned are null and void on indian land as you know them. You can sue civily if you wish. Go for it. Oh wait, you can't because the witnesses you claim were there and the records you claim are in existance are made up!
---

I am having a VERY hard time believing this story and all the holes contained therein. Any real police officers on indian land are allowed there by the indian govenment. They have no juristiction there unless the indian govenment gives it to them. They couldn't get involved even if they wanted to if they are prohibited by the indians or "native Americans".

It sounds to me that you had big mouth and decided to be a smart ass and maybe even fight a little. As such, you got the beat down needed to get you into custody. But that's just my opinion.

I am sorry you distrust police now. It is a shame that these guys who wern't police jaded your perspective of law enforcement nation wide.

Your story just doesn't add up.

Highway 26 passes through the Warm Springs reservation on a state right-of-way. However, such rights-of-way are still included in "Indian country," within which tribes may exercise their jurisdiction and sovereign powers. See 18 USC ß 1151 (defining "Indian country" to include all land within the geographical boundaries of a reservation, "notwithstanding the issuance of any patent, and, including rights-of-way"); Strate, 117 S Ct at 1414 n 11 (recognizing that tribal police jurisdiction to investigate state crimes includes state rights-of-way within a reservation); Ortiz-Barraza, 512 F 2d at 1180 (same).

Ortiz-Barraza v. United States, 512 F 2d 1176, 1180 (9th Cir 1975) (recognizing "the authority of a tribal police officer * * * to investigate any on-reservation violations of state and federal law"); State v. Schmuck, 121 Wash 2d 373, 386-87, 850 P2d 1332 (1993) (same); State v. Haskins, 269 Mont 202, 210, 887 P2d 1189 (1994)

Within the borders of their reservations, Indian tribes possess certain inherent sovereign powers, which they "enjoy[] apart from express provision by treaty or statute." Strate v. A-1 Contractors, ___ US ___, 117 S Ct 1404, 1409, 137 L Ed 2d 661 (1997). Those powers are retained attributes of tribes' historic status as "self-governing sovereign political communities." United States v. Wheeler, 435 US 313, 322-23, 98 S Ct 1079, 55 L Ed 2d 303 (1978). While their authority has been significantly diminished, "Indian tribes still possess those aspects of sovereignty not withdrawn by treaty or statute, or by implication as a necessary result of their dependant status." Id. at 323.

Others have posted about this:

What a shame the world has to live along with fools like you.
This is for "Local News" take your babble to the "Rants & Raves"
Meth? Meth Induced? Nut? Ranting & Raving? Broken Record? Buddy? Get a Job? Lunatic? Meth Freak? Threats? You will be filing a complaint? Poor Kids? We deserved it?
Humm! Who is the Lunatic? Get a Life!
Flag this idiot!
---
I read your meth induced rant on bendweekly.com forums - You're a NUT! Stop your ranting and raving and take your kids to the park. You sound like a broken record, buddy. Better yet, get a job you lunatic meth freak!!!!!!!!!!

A while back you also sent me some threats via email, remember? I will be filing a complaint with law inforcement and CPS. Those poor kids of yours, I really feel so sorry for them. As for the the ALLEGED beating you got from the Warm Springs Tribal Police, you more than likely deserved it.

Warm Springs Police - (541) 553-3272 Anyone interested in the facts can contact the Warm Springs Tribal Police for a police report.

RE: Daniel J Brown

I too have been threatened by "PastorDan" on Bend Weekly's website. I replied to his post last month and expressed my doubts regarding his version of events. Rather than reply to my post, "PastorDan" began emailing threats of physical violence through their messaging system. I think this guy is either mentally ill, or really strung out on drugs. What's funny is that he claims to be a pastor, evangelist, artist, mechanic, web designer and a limo driver for the elderly? WTF?

insurgents! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Local News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: