Bend Weekly Community Forums Welcome to BendWeekly.com Discussion Board. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the "FAQ" by clicking the link below. You may have to register before you can post: click the "register" link below to proceed.
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:26 am Post subject: The issue with Mexicans
I don't have a real problem with immigrants, my biggest annoyance of all is the immigrants who can't speak english. Knowing that 'no' means 'no' in english as it does in spanish doesn't mean s*** to me, I know a few choice words in spanish, I shouldn't be required to know it fluently in the least. Same thing goes for any language, it's rather rediculous that anyone should have to know any other language for any other reason than them planning on living in that country or visiting the country, otherwise the english language should remain the primary language of the United States. The thing that pisses me off the most is anymore if you go to a store and you want to find out any information on something it's written in both spanish and english. It might be because they send the same thing to Mexico so it eliminates having to make two different labels, but that seriously pisses me off because I doubt they're sending the product to Mexico as well unless their money decided to actually be worth a damned thing. The least people should do about illegal immigrants is make sure they can speak english fluently; otherwise, they should be either sent back or shot. There's no real way you can actually stop immigration from happening from what I've noticed Mexicans are mostly Catholic, and from what I've known of Catholics, they love to have kids just as much as Mormons do. We can stop a few from getting in here and there, but we're not going to be able to stop a family of 35 with the few people that are there to 'protect' the borders. Basically it's not the Democrats nor the Republicans fault in general, more so it's specific people that are to blame. If they weren't so diverse in what problems they have, they could farely easily fix specific problems if they were to focus rather than dilute where they decide to fund. They spend money on useless projects that in the end just waste money where as they could've put that money to better use. Instead of jumping all over gay marriage and wasting tax dollars on bitching about how it should be banned and whatever else, put it to making sure the borders get closed. There are less gay people than there are mexicans, why worry about an insignificant problem like gay marriage as compared to over population? If you let them run into the country without stopping them, aren't you letting in more possibly homosexual people into the country? If immigration were to be tightened up, maybe those other issues might also tighten up to the point that it can be controlled more easily? Some of that money can be used to educate people in school on how to fix problems like these easier in the future. It could help lower teen pregnancy by keeping various people out of the country and keeping the teenage girls from having sex with them. I remember going to school and about 32% of the teen pregnancies were because they met some hispanic guy they liked and got pregnant because of it. The other 68% or so were because of horny teenagers who figured protection didn't have to be used. I'm not against diversity, I'm against the way the people come into the country. If you come into my country you best have a damned good reason as to why, and if you plan on coming to it at least bring some good looking women with you to distract my attention. Otherwise you're just taking jobs away from people who could seriously use them. Perhaps the currency of Mexico is weak as hell like I know it is, but for the love of God, don't come running here just because of that. I've seen and heard stories of how bad living conditions are there and how bad corruption is, but don't run here so you could capitalize on the selling of drugs, you'll piss me off even more.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum