Weekly News via Email
   Set as homepage | Add to favorites | Customer Service | Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us | Sitemap Friday, 11.03.2006
Classifieds
Online Extras
Site Services
Around Bend
Outdoor Fun
Travel Info
Shop Local

Members Of

Bend Weekly Community Forums
Welcome to BendWeekly.com Discussion Board. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the "FAQ" by clicking the link below. You may have to register before you can post: click the "register" link below to proceed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brokeback Mountain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Rothschild

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Brokeback Mountain Reply with quote

Stop! Drop everything you're doing and go and see this film immediately. I cannot begin to express how truly incredible this film is. I absolutely can't stop thinking about it and what an impact it made. A beautifully written script, fabulous direction, breathtaking scenery and truly superb acting.

I suggest going with a friend (and Kleenex) as it leaves you with a very alone and isolated feeling...not to mention sad. Furthermore, you will have to the need to discuss and evaluate it over and over again.

For those of you who are conservative, judgmental and non-accepting/non-understanding of homosexuality, you need to put your discrimination aside and see the story for what it really is. It's such a small (and beautiful) piece of the bigger story being told. It's not just a gay cowboy film. Oh hell, I don't even know why I try?

Anyhow, one of the best films I've ever seen. You won't be disappointed. It's powerful, beautiful, numbing and thought provoking. It far exceeded my expectations.

David
Eric C Jacobson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Yuk! Reply with quote

I heard about this movie and I think you are right, it's about a couple of gay cowboys. I for one won't be seeing it. The left wing is trying to bring down one of the last true American icons, the American Cowboy. They would love nothing more than to normalize this type of lewd behavior and make it aceptable to our society. They wont stop until the gays can marry and adopt kids. But no, I won't be seeing Bareback Mounting or whatever the hell it's called.
BrandonW.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for somebody to bring this film up. The only surprise is how tame the reactions have been. I plan on seeing it. I heard it's no more of a gay film than "Casablanca" is a heterosexual film. Anyway, it has my curiosity up and the soundtack is one of the best soundtracks I have heard. Lots of interesting music. I love Willie's viersion of Bob Dylans "He Was A Friend Of Mine".
Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: brokeback mountain Reply with quote

Sorry again, but this movie is to gay for me.

Thanks,
Kevin
Medium

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I really don't want to watch this movie. Before you cast judgment on me note that some people aren't just against the idea of homosexuality based on their political/religious views, but are not interested in seeing the film's depiction of families torn apart by being left in the wake of people finally coming to terms with their sexuality a little bit to late. It is difficult to watch herterosexual infidelity for some, and can also apply to this movie too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: