Weekly News via Email
   Set as homepage | Add to favorites | Customer Service | Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us | Sitemap Friday, 11.03.2006
Classifieds
Online Extras
Site Services
Around Bend
Outdoor Fun
Travel Info
Shop Local

Members Of

Bend Weekly Community Forums
Welcome to BendWeekly.com Discussion Board. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the "FAQ" by clicking the link below. You may have to register before you can post: click the "register" link below to proceed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michael Richards (Kramer):who really cares about this guy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Rants & Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whooples

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Michael Richards (Kramer):who really cares about this guy Reply with quote

You know what I never ever watched seinfeld when he was so huge.I've since watched the reruns I thought kramer's character was funny.That said I dont give a rats ass about what he said to people heckling him.See that guy(Richards) made a lot of money doing that show and if he cant handle a heckler without going postal well then hang it the **** up.He should just go home and spend his money.Good-bye and good luck mr richards you are officially done.
truth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well your certainly right, not too many people really watched the show.

I saw the "i'm sorry" on tv he made, but the thing that shocks me is that the media never says why he went of in the first place. Thing is, these few guys were making racist comments to him; calling him white boy and cracker. Nevermind the "I'm gunna kick you ass cracker ass white boy" that was being shouted after his comments.

Point is, no matter who said what and when, there was more than jew on black comments. Tit for tat, there were more cracker ass crackers and white boy's than the "N" word from one guy.

I myself am not racist in any form. I have dated other races and some of the best people I work with are not my race.

But the thing is that the media latches on anything that may look like white on black like a tick on a dog. Can't say I have ever seen it the other way around even though it happens every day even on BET. Like I said before, it looks as if it is ok if your a racist or make racist comments as long as your not white.
evelio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Michael Richards' tirade Reply with quote

He should apologize... for losing his temper at a bunch of stupid hecklers. These are the same people talking through the movie the rest of us are trying to watch. I bet they'll never talk during a performance of ANYTHING ever agin after this.

The hecklers were wrong for being rude, but Richards should've been more of a pro. There's no excuse for losing your cool on stage: that's what you get PAID to go on stage for.

Every week dozens of amateur comics line up outside the Laugh Factory for a chance to be up on that very same stage for three minutes, without pay. I would expect that kind of reaction from one of them, not a guy like Richards who performed with the likes of Andy Kaufman and has done stand-up before (even though he is known primarily as a comic actor)

If he wants to apologize for using the 'N' word, that's his call. If he never apologizes then I wouldn't hate him for being human... but you know he will apologize, which is also human.

And if the rest of us are human as well, we'll know that sometimes good people do stupid and inexcusable things when they should know better... and we forgive and forget. Move on. Next issue.
dneb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: If Kanye West can do it, why can't Michael Richards? Reply with quote

You liberals are destroying our freedom of speech! You allow black rappers to spew hate and racism towards whites, yet when a white guys says one little thing, after being provoked mind you, he gets crucified for it.

Grow up!
cracker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Michael Richards Reply with quote

I sure would like to sit through the WHOLE video where that dumb phuckin inconsiderate patron was being loud and disruptive. I have sat through many comedy clubs listening to some dumb jackass talk at the top of his vocal ability while the comedian is trying to do his job. Hecklers are of course part of the problem with doing stand up. Knowing from experience that if somebody in the audience told that guy to shut his big **** mouth without any racial name calling, you can bet there would have been a fight. I did not pay $100.00 for my date and I to listen to some ebonics speaking, vulgar jackass, explain his ghetto opinion to the whole **** audience.

I myself have witnessed on many occasions in traffic, in a restaurant, in a movie theater, basketball game, and just in public in general, the blatant audacity and obvious lack of consideration for the white man because black people feel that they are owed that right because of the circumstances of their long past ancestral slavery or oppression. Walking slow through a crosswalk, purposely moving in your way, cutting into lines, talking loudly through a movie, exclaiming to sue at every tiny little act of indiscretion like the Shnozberry wallpaper licking spoiled brat in the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

And isn't the timing of this all too coincidental with the release of OJ's new book. It seems that the liberal media complex is hammering away at the ol one sided racial offensive once again. I believe those WHITE cops that were beating that gang member on the ground were well within their rights to beat the living s*** out of the stupid mother ****. Again, watching only the violent act of the officers doing their jobs, while the details of the events that occurred all the way up to that point are non existent.
Television is not real people. NONE OF IT! Reality TV is scripted, the news is distorted, and movies are in the control of people who have no regard for truth and justice.

My question is, can modern day blacks ever find a way to overcome the events of the past without directing their unscrupulous actions in a manner that is not only offensive, but just plain old inconsiderate and rude to everyone other than their own people of same color?

I don't agree with Michael Richard's tirade, but I would bet money that a**h*** heckler is going to get hold of the honorable Reverend Jesse HiJackson or Al Sharp-tongue involved along with the ACLU to try and sue whitey.

Those types of people that act that way are the reason racial slurs were created.
snooky81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: who the hell does al sharpton think he is ? Reply with quote

Michael Richards offers an apology and al sharpton refuses the apology ?
now what would have happened if Michael Richards refused to apologize ?
al sharpton , jesse jackson and maybe every minority on the planet would have been all bent out of shape ?

and who made al sharpton the " MIND AND VOICE OF THE BLACKS " ?

there is no more shame a man can carry than to feel something so painful in his own heart that an apology is just words falling flat on deaf ears .

the apology should have never been offered , here's why ...

who benefits ? every black activist feels more empowered .
what is accomplished ? not much . Michael Richards feels terrible , he knows he made a career limiting move . he's gonna wear that for a long time .

the days of " oh , poor me " ! have to stop .
until we learn to share without prejudice we will all be divided .

al sharpton is a hypocrite .
al sharpton is a punk that is a parasite to , not to african americans , BUT TO ALL AMERICANS .
Michael Richards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Kramer Reply with quote

If Chris Rock had been heckled by white guys and he calls them cracker, peckerwood, or honkey he would not be apologizing for it right now. If the white guys started demanding an apology the black community would be all over their asses. There is such a double standard.

Not only has Michael Richards apologized on national tv but also to Al Sharpton. Al Sharpton did not accpet the apology. Why because Al Sharpton is a prejudice jerk.

Al Sharpton (and Jesse Jackson) Go **** Your Racist Selves and leave the world alone.
soba2long

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: RE: Michael Richards Reply with quote

Not for a second am I justifying this type of behavior......but,... I am very curious about what provoked this, I would love to see/hear what happened to push the buttons that started this all......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Rants & Raves All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: