Weekly News via Email
   Set as homepage | Add to favorites | Customer Service | Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us | Sitemap Friday, 11.03.2006
Classifieds
Online Extras
Site Services
Around Bend
Outdoor Fun
Travel Info
Shop Local

Members Of

Bend Weekly Community Forums
Welcome to BendWeekly.com Discussion Board. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the "FAQ" by clicking the link below. You may have to register before you can post: click the "register" link below to proceed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just saw the Michael Richards tape of his outburst.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Rants & Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dssoner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: I just saw the Michael Richards tape of his outburst. Reply with quote

If I thought Michael Richards needed the money, I'd send him some right now. America needs a reality check in so many different areas. Michael Richards doesn't hate blacks and neither do I, but the clowns in the balcony were out of hand. They were heckling him through his entire performance, and security was too scared to throw them out. They were ruining the show for everyone in the building because they thought they could get away with it. It was an ugly scene, and Micheal Richards got angry. So what? Lets talk about how a huge segment ofAmerica is incapable of going out in public and acting civilized enough to not get into a fight. Lets not even talk about how people act in movie theaters. Watch the tape for yourself and listen to the black guy calling Richards a cracker and a white boy. Richards is in his 50's , calling him a boy is disrespectful. Adding the word white to the boy slur makes it even worse. Why is this OK? I hope Michael Richards gets on TV and makes it clear that he likes and respects black people, he just hates nig gers. I'd like to see Richards reframe the debate and get America talking about how vulger, disrespectful, sociopathic, and violent behavior has become common in public. We all need to start respecting each other. The N word is not cool and I never use it. I'm sure Michael Richards doesn't use it either. Lets say no to fake outrage. And if Richards checks into rehab over this incident, then we all need to have a discussion about that.
Bend_hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Video link Reply with quote

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6291db89d1
truth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of anger in that guy.

But one thing remains true, calling someone a nigger (or iggnorant if you mean it in it's literal term) is no different than calling someone a cracker or "boy". People can say it was uncalled for, but then do the same thing.

Although I don't condone his outburst, in some way, I can relate with his anger. White, black, brown or green, there are some people who just can't act like human beings in public.

I have seen this type of thing in the media before. Something happens to someone who is not white, and one party is white, then it is automaticly racist. Very rarely does it go the other way around. Almost like it's ok if your a racist as long as your not white or a jew.
disdain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: The Laugh Factory Reply with quote

The Laugh Factory sucks ass. A friend of mine worked there as a waitress a few years ago and couldn't wait to quit because of all the **** that went there. Thought they'd get rid of the problem by charging more and not having people get in for free but apparently not. Other comedy clubs in So Cal? No thanks, I'll just stay home and watch Comedy Central.
bubba

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Kramer offended you? Nigga Please.... Reply with quote

"african americans" should lighten up. your people provoked richards. your people called him a 'cracker' so he called them a 'nigger' back. it was his show.

remember:

sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Rants & Raves All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: