Weekly News via Email
   Set as homepage | Add to favorites | Customer Service | Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us | Sitemap Friday, 11.03.2006
Classifieds
Online Extras
Site Services
Around Bend
Outdoor Fun
Travel Info
Shop Local

Members Of

Bend Weekly Community Forums
Welcome to BendWeekly.com Discussion Board. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the "FAQ" by clicking the link below. You may have to register before you can post: click the "register" link below to proceed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doggie Love or Doggie Mission?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Life Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bend Around

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Doggie Love or Doggie Mission? Reply with quote

About 10 months ago our young neighbor (early 20's) became pregnant and since then our 120 pound black lab has become obsessed with her. Until a month ago we figured he was just longing for her company as she makes over him and waters and even feeds him. But then things changed one afternoon and this huge quite shy dog laid in the grass and watched as a strange man pulled into her drive way. The dog always seemed to lay between her and the road like he was her bodyguard, as the strange man jumped out of his car and headed towards our very pregnant neighbor this always calm pet rose bristled and repelled the stranger with his loud deep bark. Anybody with a legitimate reason for stopping would have returned to his car and waited until the person he wanted to see came to him. This man didn't he left in a hurry making one wonder his motives.

We live a little over a half a mile from our young neighbors and it has been quite interesting watching this big guy go through his daily and now nightly routine. Our thoughts about his motives are now changed as it appears he has a mission to protect our neighborhood. What a dog and what wonderful neighbors we have.
Sunchild

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is such a sweet story. Labs are wonderful dogs! Have 2 myself-- they are gentle giants. Wonderfully sweet and guarding to those who are supposed to be here and quick to warn/chase away those who aren't.

Do you think your neighbor's pregnancy triggered the Big Guy's mission to protect the neighborhood? It's very cute.. I'm sure he senses the pregnancy... I wonder what he thinks his connection is.
missinquisit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Dog Loyalty Reply with quote

I read a little blurb in a paper once about a similar overprotective, sweet, concerned canine. It was from a London post and apparently the dog's owner fell down and hurt himself somehow and had to be rushed to the emergency room. The dog, according to the article chased the ambulance as far as it could and then about a half hour later showed up in front of the hospital doors with that sad little puppy dog look no doubt.

It sounds hard to believe, i know, but it was in a credible publication.

(Missinquisit)
Thumperfive

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's just not enough "good news" like this in the media - why NOT publicise this sort of feel-good news, ya know?
JimBeam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isnt ununsual for labs theyre such friendly and loving dogs i wish i could get one !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bend Weekly Community Forums Forum Index -> Life Stories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: